You know you're a marathon addict when...
2) Your trunk looks like a running swap meet. The back of my car still has winter gloves, old shoes and usually at least one running outfit. Have you ever had to run in dress socks because you forgot your running socks? Extra everything in my trunk most of the time. Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk inside that trunk?
3) You look at new shoes online or in magazines with the zeal of a 13 year old boy who's not spending his time online looking at shoes. "shoe porn."
4) You look at the marathon schedule within 48 hours of just completing a marathon. You really feel like an addict on this one. Your body is trashed, you need rest, and you're looking for your next running fix. Run junkie.
5) You are scheduled for 800's, show up early and the track is iced over. Instead of blowing off track day, you improvise and run 800's in a Target parking lot. True story.
6) You not only know what a "snot rocket" is, you're pretty good at at. Directional aim separates the rookie from the rude runner.
7) You check out Kara Goucher's run gear on her magazine cover before you check out Kara Goucher.
8) You actually know who Kara Goucher is, and know how to spell her name.
9) You know how many miles you can run without BodyGlide on the toes or nips. My over/under is 10-12+ miles.
10) You know what temperature warrants singlet, short sleeve, long sleeve or more.
11) You have run every "out and back" possible from your house and you're sick of most of them having run them waaaay too many times.
12) You've run after 10PM because you haven't got that day's scheduled run in yet. I'm a morning guy, occasionally a nooner, but rarely after 5 and almost never after 10. I have done the hotel treadmill after 10PM. Talk about "dreadmill." Not fun.
13) Your first hobby is running and your second hobby is writing about running.
14) You have an entourage. Running physical therapist, chiropractor, running club, running coach, massage therapist, dietician (haven't got that one yet,) exercise physiologist, Naturopathic Dr.and sometimes therapist. You could say I've "pist" a lot of money away on this sport. One expensive sport. If you're in your 20's, this list is much shorter.
What makes you a marathon addict?