1) What's a hashtag and how do I post? A "#" before a key word allows you to search for that word on popular social media channels such as Instagram and Twitter. Search #30DaysToBoston and you'll see some very creative stuff on each daily challenge word. Post your pictures to Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook with the tags #30DaysToBoston, #Photochallenge, and that day's tag and people can find your posts.
2) If I'm not a blogger, or not running the Boston Marathon can I participate? Yes and yes. One of our sponsor bloggers (Lora) is not running this year, but has her sights set on qualifying.
3) If I didn't start on Day 1, can I still participate? Even though the party has already started, of course!
4) Is there a giveaway? Great idea! Vendors can DM me on twitter. We will announce something next week! There's always a SeekingBostonMarathon sticker for participation!
5) If it's a countdown, why aren't we counting down from 30? Today is #5...shouldn't that be #25? Runners count miles differently. After mile 1 in a race, we think, I just ran one mile, not "crap, I have 25 more to go." Somewhere around mile 20, we start counting differently. "Only six to go."
Today's word is #snack. For those that have followed me for any period of time, you know that my day job (not running) requires a fair amount of travel. (Over 100,000 miles on United last year.) This presents all kinds of challenges with training and diet. There is a LOT of garbage you can find in the airport. Luckily, I have discovered Kind products. Today's snapshot was taken in the Chicago O'Hare airport on the way back to Denver. I scored a bag of their Vanilla Blueberry Cluster Healthy Grains along with a Dasani water. Much better than a greasy cheeseburger and beer (although that's debatable) and it's gluten-free.
On a final note, can someone explain why the BAA website shows 24 days to go? Did they move the race to Sunday or can I not count?
|Play #30DaysToBoston and a SBM Sticker is Yours while supplies last|