Love is in the Air: Ten Things to Love About Running
1) A great sense of accomplishment.
2) #bromance. I've made some great friends through running; either through my running group (Runner's Edge of the Rockies,) or online through twitter and DailyMile. Sort of a running "Band of Brothers."
6) Jubilation of crossing the finish line. I cried the first time I finished a "mary," and the first time I BQ'ed (but then again, I "tear up" every time I watch "Rudy" or "Hoosiers."
7) New shoes every six months or 500 miles; whichever comes first.
8) Running the gauntlet of Wellesley college coeds--the "scream tunnel." For 200 yards, you feel like a rock star.
9) Carb loading. If you love bread and pasta, this is the sport for you.
10) Some of best naps you will ever find after a 20 mile training run.